Description[edit | edit source]
An Engineer is concerned primarily with building, repairing, and upgrading things on the battlefield. He can also upgrade his and his teammate's weapons to do more damage, and plant hidden landmines.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Engineers are a support class, aimed on aiding the other members of the team as they push the front line forward. They are also very good at defending choke points for defensive Objectives, eg. a HE Charge.
They come equipped with a Multi-Tool used to complete Build or Repair Objectives and construct objects such as turrets and machine gun nests. They are also able to deploy Landmines used to create areas of denial for the enemy team. Finally, they have Upgrade Tools to buff teammates' and their own weapons.
Engineers are also the only class capable of defusing HE Charges placed by Soldiers and removing Hackboxes placed by Operatives. Their Abilities focus on expanding their supportive mentality by allowing them to construct auto-turrets and further boost their buff and deployment abilities.
Player Notes[edit | edit source]
- A Landmine will not kill an enemy outright, but will knock them down and cost them a large chunk of health. Placing two Landmines close together using Extra Landmine will usually kill most enemies.
- You can use Landmines as a form of early warning, as the icon will disappear from your hud when an enemy detonates or removes it.
- Turrets are most effective when placed in corners or where their flanks are otherwise protected, and facing likely enemy approaches which do not exceed their engagement range.
- Alternatively, Turrets can be used as decoys or early warning systems for when the player has to defend multiple approaches.
- Note that Engineers have access to four active abilities which require binding to keys, as such it's important to consider which three are most important.
- Command Post Upgrade is a potent upgrade; increasing the team's health by up to 50 HP or adding an additional two pips of supplies.
- A landmine that is triggered by a light body type will kill him, as long as he has no buffs or they are all depleted.
See Also[edit | edit source]